Personal Finance Reflection - MAteo

This course has been really great for me, I learned about a lot of tools to help save me money notably the mint app. In addition to this, we learned a lot about stock analysis especially technical analysis which I had never done. I personally really liked it and I learned how to use a lot of advanced tools like trading view and a couple of others. I really enjoyed this aspect and will definitely use it in the coming years. The other big thing that will stick with me is options trading. We watched a really funny and interesting movie called trading places about options and futures which I honestly enjoyed and soon afterward I opened an options trading account on Robinhood. That combined with the technical analysis we learned will really help me get into options trading. 

The other major part of our course is the game of life. This is a massive spreadsheet where we predicted our expenses and gross income for each year starting from college. It made my plans for the future much clearer it highlighted especially the cost of having kids earlier and I will definitely be waiting a bit longer than I had previously thought for kids. We also learned about the structure of mortgages and car payments and researched the cost of all the insurances you have to purchase as an adult which came as a surprise for me. In the end this J-Term while not as fun as the other courses was definitely worthwhile and I am coming away from this course with my plan for life a bit clearer.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Course Reflection - Sofi

Andres Yengle Reflection

Course Reflection - Shyla