Course Reflection: Reagan

    While this J-term isn’t necessarily as fun or exciting as some of the other J-terms, I learned a lot of useful information that I did not know prior to this course. It felt important to me to learn this information before I leave for college and this was the perfect opportunity to do so. I was able to learn a lot of the basics of money management and personal finance. The game of life showed me what my future can look like if I’m responsible with my money and I was able to learn how to be responsible with my money especially through the books we read. Why Didn’t They Teach Me This in School gave a lot of good tips on how I can save money (ex. Principle 19: Have an emergency month every January) and how to be wise about where I put my money. This course has given me the push I needed to finally start a savings account. I am now working to save a portion of my paycheck so that I have an emergency fund as well as spending money for college.

    The concept that interested me the most during this course was cryptocurrency because as it continues to grow bigger and bigger, I want to know more about it. While we weren’t able to focus as much on crypto as I would have liked, I feel like I now have a basic understanding that will be the base as I go to learn more about it on my own. I now also have a basic understanding of stocks which is very beneficial due to my complete lack of knowledge prior. I found this J-term very helpful and now I feel much more confident going into college not only because I now will hopefully have some money to help me out if I need, but also because I will be able to make educated decisions regarding my money as I begin the process of becoming financially independent.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Course Reflection - Sofi

Andres Yengle Reflection

Course Reflection - Shyla